The Tonke VAN XL is only 40cm longer than the VAN, also fits in a parking lot, drives just as good, but offers slightly more space.
The VAN XL compared to the VAN:
- the upper bed is 230cm long in stead of 195cm.
- the sleeping bench remains unchanged.
- with the bench in the forward position both vehicles can carry pushbikes behind the bench. But the VAN XL can even carry a motorbike.
- the furniture is slightly bigger, with space for an extra water jerry and a bigger gas bottle.
- the total length of the vehicle is 530cm (in stead of 490cm) and the wheelbase is 340cm (in stead of 300cm).
- when the bench is converted into a bed there remains more space between bed and front seats.
- both vehicles can additionally be ordered with 1 or 2 comfortable removable seats between the bench and the front seats, but in the VAN XL this doesn’t compromise the passenger space in any way. Of course these additional seats are built and tested according to advanced safety regulations and equipped with 3 point safety belts.
All together THE perfect daily driver, as a replacement for your second or first car.
16x Hurray for the VAN XL
- Backseat not for 2 persons, but for 3, with 3x 3-point seat belts.
- You don’t have to sleep on the bumpy surface of the bench, but on the back surface with a flat integrated mattress.
- Large drawer
- A toilet is standard
- The backbench is removable and can slide over the entire floor length.
- Wardrobe also accessible from the bed.
- Kitchen with two-burner gas stove and sink with a tempered glass cover.
- Fresh- and grey-water tank
- Gas box with ventilation
- Adjustable table
- Professional removable compressor fridge.
- Standard 2 extra gooseneck lamps for use in the lifting roof and below by the front seats and kitchen area.
- Mechanical lifting roof with heavy duty fabric and standard three windows, incl. bed base and mattress 120x195cm.
- Curtains in the camper section.
- Furniture made of stable and solid birch plywood with a scratch-resistant and heat-resistant plastic coating.