Extreme comfort even in remote areas around the globe.
The newly developed FIELDSLEEPER INTERNATIONAL is the new flagship of the Fieldsleepers. The emphasis here is extreme comfort in remote areas. The uncompromising idea behind this concept is that it should even be comfortable during extended stays in hot conditions off the grid. This is a very challenging concept, and we’re very proud in presenting it. We didn’t want to use LP or LPG (liquid propane gas) because of lack of availability in remote areas and because of certain dangers involved. The solution? A large solar array provides lots of electricity efficiently stored in large battery banks. There is plenty of electricity to run a heavy 3kW inverter that provides power for the very large double door fridge/freezer, the induction cooktop, and other appliances. The water tanks with a capacity of 68 gallon (260 liter) provide plenty of water for extended stays. The Fieldsleeper International is longer than the others. It’s only available on the Sprinter chassis cab dually (5ton), both in 4×2, 4×4 and 6×6 versions. We use the 190 horsepower, 7Gtronic automatic Sprinter with lots of standard features like the V6 engine, air conditioning, 26 gallon (100 liter) diesel capacity, chrome grill, radio/cd with bluetooth/usb and more.
Shipment to most ports around the globe.
Because the Tonke unit is detachable it fits together with the Mercedes truck in a sea container and can be shipped to most ports around the globe. This is also interesting for those who like to explore other parts of the world. Sea container shipment is safer, much cheaper and more flexible than roro (roll on, roll off) shipments. And because we don’t use LP (liquid propane, LPG) systems in this Tonke it is versatile and can be used anywhere in the world.
- International without the truck (LxW) 17’ x 7’4” (520 x 224cm)
- International on Mercedes truck (LxWxH) 25’6” x 7’4” x 9’5” (777 x 224 x 288cm)
- Interior height 6’9” (205cm)
- Seats in safety belts: 3
- Berths: 3
- Mercedes Sprinter 519Cdi
- Wheelbase: 170” (432cm)
- 3.0l common rail turbo diesel
- Average mileage with Tonke on the truck: 17 mpg ( 7 km/l or 14l/100km)
- 190HP, 140Kw
- 440Nm Torque
- EuroVI emission norm
- ABS / ASR / ESP standard
- 7Gtronic automatic gearbox
- Heavy duty suspension
- Electrical windows
- Ambition package (air conditioning, heat resistant windows, cruise control, radio with Bluetooth and USB)
- 3 front seats
- Chrome grille
- 26 gallon (100 liter) diesel tank
- Spare wheel
- Reversing camera
- Truck bed with 4 point receivers to carry the Tonke unit.
- 4 electrical jacks with remote control to lift the Tonke from the truck bed
- Modern sandwich construction
- Optimal insulation with XPS foam
- Inside panel of WBP glued mahogany plywood, outside panel with polished aluminum. Real mahogany outside is optional.
- Total wall thickness 1.5” (38mm)
- Headroom 6’9” (205cm)
- Aluminum sill-finishing strips around all corners
- 1.7” (45mm) insulated roof with polyester gel coat on the outside
- Exterior roof with rain gutter and a system for attaching a canopy/awning
- Sandwich floor, 2.5” (65mm)
- Spacious Garage
- Garage doors with rubber sealing
- Side Steps
- Luxury aluminum/polycarbonate windows
- Wire netting/ curtain holder on all windows
- Rugged furniture from WPB plywood
- Foldable table with real mahogany top
- Seat cushions of premium quality offering a high level of sitting and sleeping comfort
- Luxurious cloth upholstery
- Chromed clothing hanger which swings aside
- Ceiling LED light and 2 chromed ‘ship’ reading LED lights
- All furniture lacquered in colors to customers specifications
- All walls and table/kitchen tops varnished 5x with chemical resistant lacquering
- Very large and ergonomically-arranged kitchen
- All drawers on rollers and locked with chromed handles
- Kitchen lacquered in colors to customers specifications
- Chromed tap with hot and cold water
- Safe 2 burner induction stove top
- 7 cu ft (200 liter) large marine double door fridge with separate 1.7 cu ft / 0 F (50liter / -18 Celsius) freezer compartment and stainless steel fronts
- 3 LED spotlights above the kitchen top
- Spacious shower
- Chromed tap with hot and cold water
- Thetford toilet
- Toilet tank accessible from the outside
- Luxurious splash-resistant toilet roll holder with “roll-back mechanism”
- Chromed clothing hanger which swings aside
- Frost free 68 gallon (260 liter) fresh-water tank
- Sturdy pressure pump system
- Chromed Hot/Cold water taps in kitchen and shower
- All water hoses mounted in the frost free zone
- Grey water tank
- Available in 110v or 230v version with the appropriate sockets, plugs, extension cords
- On-board 2.6kWh AGM battery bank (2x 220Ah AGM batteries)
- .4kW solar panel array with high-end ppt regulator
- 3kW true sine wave inverter
- 1.4kW charger (120A)
- All inside lighting LED
- Earth leakage circuit breaker
- Victron color control panel with exact monitoring of solar power, battery consumption in Ah, water tank levels, inverter monitoring, temperature and more
- Webasto dualtop diesel heater with hot air installation and integrated 11 liter boiler
- 30 liter diesel tank integrated in the Tonke
- Hot air facilitated in every room
- Rooftop air conditioning with heat strip (110v or 230v) and remote control
A whole new concept… and 4×4 or even 6×6 available
No LP (liquid propane), FULLY solar powered, standard air conditioning, large battery banks, heavy inverters and large capacity water tanks for extended periods OFF-GRID. Result: this is an EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE RV even in remote areas around the world. Available both in a 110v (USA) version and a 230v version. Built not only with beauty in mind, but also extremely well built, with the finest materials and equipment mainly from the yacht industry.
The basic concept of this vehicle is based on the knowledge that is available nowadays in the yacht industry. It’s specifically developed for situations without shore power or hookups available. Until recently most RV had to run noisy generators in these cases in order to provide the energy needed by all the onboard appliances. But with an intelligent combination of a large solar array, a state of the art inverter/charger and a large battery bank this is not needed any more. The panels charge the batteries during the day and the various appliances discharge it when needed. Even short time running of the air conditioning is possible!
There is no LP (liquid propane, LPG) onboard, the heater/boiler runs on diesel, which is a. safer and b. everywhere available, the induction stove top runs on electricity which is safer and the marine quality fridge runs on electricity which cools better (compressor fridge) and doesn’t need the maintenance of an absorption fridge.
The bottle neck for extended stays off the grid is quite often the fresh water capacity. We have mounted 2 separate large water tanks with a total capacity of 68 gallon (260 liter).
Off-grid air conditioning package
With this package (Lithium Ion battery bank and extra solar panels) you can even run the air conditioning in remote areas off the grid. Without the noise of a generator! This is truly revolutionary. In most cases you’ll drive further the next day and the battery bank will be charged automatically. But if you decide to stay for another day you can charge the battery bank simply by running the vehicle engine at idle speed for just a few hours. The large advantages compared to a generator setup: a). the emissions are much cleaner (euro VI norm), b). the fuel efficiency is much higher, c). you don’t need the space and weight of a generator, d). you’ll have noise for just a few hours instead of 24 hours and e). the noise level is lower than most RV generators.
“I don’t understand all this fancy stuff, can I run this RV myself?” Yes, you absolutely can. In typical operation little thoughts need to be given to this system. It you like you can have a look at the large color display that tells you all that is going on (battery capacity, water capacity, solar power, temperature). But if you don’t look at it that’s fine too. Enjoy your stay, that is the most important.
This one doesn’t come cheap, but you should not compare this vehicle with the usual RV. You may compare it to expedition vehicles, which it actually is, and will find out it’s very reasonably priced (AND much more beautiful than the typical expedition vehicle!) The price concept is simple: we fully loaded this vehicle, so that there are just a few options left.
The Tonke Classics are extraordinary RV, not only because of their looks and quality. With the optional unloading system the Tonke is simple to unload from the vehicle in just 10 minutes. This enables you to use the vehicle without the unit when camping. You can also place your Tonke in the garden, to be used as exclusive guest accommodation, as an inspirational workplace or as a bed & breakfast annex. With the hydraulic lifting system fitted there is only a 4“ step from the ground when the unit is in the low position. Sturdy wheels can be fitted to enable the unit to be moved around. This means that the unit can be driven into a garage or into storage. Find out how it works in the short film at the far bottom of this page.