Tonke Classic Woodline
Our campers are hand built in our own shop in Terheijden, Holland (the Netherlands). Each camper simply needs to meet all your wishes. We take great pride in our service and craftsmanship and have served many very satisfied customers over the years.
The Classic is available in 5 different versions. These detachable truckcampers have different building lengths and are based on the Fiat Ducato or Mercedes Sprinter chassis-cab. Only the largest model (the Fieldsleeper International based on the Mercedes Sprinter dually) is available in the USA. Also custom-built vehicles are built, in which case nearly everything is possible.
Extreme comfort in remote areas
The Fieldsleeper International is the flagship of the Classics. The emphasis here is extreme comfort in remote areas. The uncompromizing idea behind this concept is that it should even be comfortable during extended stays in hot conditions off the grid. This is a very challenging concept, and we're very proud in presenting it.
Because the Tonke unit is detachable it fits together with the Mercedes truck in a sea container and can be shipped to most ports around the globe. This is also interesting for those who like to explore other parts of the world. Sea container shipment is safer, much cheaper and more flexible than roro (roll on, roll off) shipments. And because we don't use LP (liquid propane, LPG) systems in this Tonke it is versatile and can be used anywhere in the world.
Standard specifications USA Fieldsleeper International
- Mercedes Sprinter 519Cdi
- Wheelbase: 170” (432cm)
- Average mileage with Tonke on the truck: 17 mpg ( 7 km/l or 14l/100km)
- 4 electrical jacks with remote control to lift the Tonke from the truck bed
- Modern sandwich construction
- Optimal insulation with XPS foam
- Inside panel of WBP glued mahogany plywood, outside panel of aluminum. Real mahogany outside is optional.
- Headroom 6’9” (205cm)
- 7 cu ft (200 liter) large marine double door fridge with separate 1.7 cu ft / 0 F (50liter / -18 Celsius) freezer compartment and stainless steel fronts
- Frost free 68 gallon (260 liter) fresh-water tank
- Available in 110v or 230v version with the appropriate sockets, plugs, extension cords
- On-board 2.6kWh AGM battery bank (2x 220Ah AGM batteries)
- .4kW (optional .6kW) solar panel array with high-end mppt regulator
- 3kW true sine wave inverter
- 1.4kW charger (120A)
- Victron color control panel with exact monitoring of solar power, battery consumption in Ah, water tank levels, inverter monitoring, temperature and more
- Webasto dualtop diesel heater with hot air installation and integrated 11 liter boiler
- 30 liter diesel tank integrated in the Tonke
- Rooftop air conditioning with heat strip (110v or 230v) and remote control
The concept.. and 4x4 available
No LP (liquid propane), FULLY solar powered, standard air conditioning, large battery banks, heavy inverters and large capacity water tanks for extended periods OFF-GRID. Result: this is an EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE RV even in remote areas. Available both in a 110v (USA) version and a 230v version. Available with a 4x2 or a 4x4 vehicle. Built not only with beauty in mind, but also extremely well built, with the finest materials and equipment mainly from the yacht industry.
The Tonke Classics are extraordinary RV, not only because of their looks and quality. With the optional unloading system the Tonke is simple to unload from the vehicle in just 10 minutes. This enables you to use the vehicle without the unit when camping. You can also place your Tonke in the garden, to be used as exclusive guest accommodation, as an inspirational workplace or as a bed & breakfast annex. With the hydraulic lifting system fitted there is only a 4“ step from the ground when the unit is in the low position. Sturdy wheels can be fitted to enable the unit to be moved around. This means that the unit can be driven into a garage or into storage. Find out how it works in the short film at the far bottom of this page.
Request brochure and price list