The new Tonke!
As a Swiss Army Knife. Compact, versatile and EXCELLENTLY built.
THE camper that perfectly suits for everyday use, as a replacement for a second or even first car.
In no time the roof pops up and creates headroom and an extra bed. And in another instant the broad bench seat below turnes into a very good bed.
4 people can sleep spacious (optionally even 5) and 5 persons (option 6!) can travel safely in seatbelts.
We build on the basis of new Volkswagen Transporter vans (T6).
Sorry, not available in the USA.
16x hurray for the VAN.
• Backseat not for 2 persons, but for 3, with 3x 3-point seat belts.
• The same seat therefore provides a WIDER bed (120cm).
• You don't have to sleep on the bumpy surface of the seat, but on the back surface with a FLAT INTEGRATED mattress.
• Large drawer
• A toilet is standard
• The backseat is also removable and can slide over the ENTIRE floor length.
• Wardrobe ALSO accessible from the bed.
• Kitchen with TWO burner gas stove and sink with a tempered glass cover.
• Fresh- and grey-water tank.
• Gas box with ventilation.
• Table with gas spring, adjustable.
• Professional compressor fridge, REMOVABLE.
• STANDARD 2 extra gooseneck lamps for use in the lifting roof and below by the front seats and kitchen area.
• Mechanical lifting roof with heavy duty fabric and standard THREE windows, incl. bed base and mattress 120x195cm.
• Curtains in the camper section.
• The WONDERFUL furniture is not made of fiberboard, but of dimensionally stable and solid birch plywood with a scratch-resistant and heat-resistant plastic coating.
Give back our legend!
The original Volkswagen van was sketched in 1947 on a notepad by a Dutch Volkswagen importer visiting the German manufacturer: ‘This is what we need!’. Thus the legend started.
From the 60s, the VW van was a style icon. Later on the camper variants were commercially developed, but in functionality and design got further and further away from the original.
We tried to get the camper back to it’s original strength: a simple, robust and with a beautiful interior, functional and well thought out, without frills that could break. Hence the slogan ‘Give back our Legend!’
Request brochure and price list